Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan may require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary proof of insurance. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
1. All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit. Unaccompanied minors will not be seen for consultation or surgery.
2. A preoperative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients considering IV anesthesia for surgery. Please be advised, not all patients are suitable candidates for in-office IV sedation. If you or a loved one is deemed a high-risk candidate for in-office IV sedation, Drs. Dohse and Wolf may discuss performing surgery in a hospital setting.
3. Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medications (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary they can be taken at our facility. In some cases 3D imaging may be required to evaluate, diagnose and treat you. If required, the necessary 3D imaging will be completed and billed by our office.
Please be aware that our office will not know any specifics of your insurance policy(ies) at the time of your first visit. Your policy’s benefits, limitations, exclusions and processing policies are specific to your plan and current provider participation status. Your insurance benefits will be verified as a courtesy to you after your initial or evaluation visit for future services. If you would like to inquire about your specific benefits prior to your visit, please contact your insurance carrier(s) before your scheduled appointment.